Moving Spirit Pilates is seeking some very special Pilates teachers to join our team! We are looking for candidates to fulfill both part-time teaching as well as short-term locum relief work in our North Vancouver studio.
Our studio is a small, vibrant, client-focussed facility. We create Pilates & Integrated Movement programs with a personal focus, highlighting movement education and providing clients with ongoing coaching to maximize sustainable results. We support people in achieving new movement goals, improving their overall stability, mobility, fitness and health, while inviting a deeper connection to self through movement. Our team is experienced, caring, innovative and collaborative. Our community is diverse, and our clients are motivated and purpose-driven.
Whole person wellness is at the core of everything we do. For us, Pilates is an important vehicle for change, but it is not the whole story. If you love people and Pilates and if you adore solving movement challenges and sharing your knowledge, you may be just the person we're looking for! Please send an email to [email protected] with your resume, contact information and a short note describing what makes you the perfect fit for this position.
Who You Are, and What You Bring:
You are curious, service-minded, and you lead from the heart. You are an excellent communicator. You are equally happy working on your own and as part of a team. You are responsible, reliable and accountable. In addition to these very important qualities, you have:
- Comprehensive Pilates certification from a recognized teacher training program
- Minimum 2 yrs experience (after internship), with varied client populations: general fitness, rehab & therapy, elite performance
- Experience with both classical and contemporary Pilates methods
- A Pilates sub-specialty (scoliosis, neuro, pregnancy/post-partum etc), and/or teaching qualifications and experience in other movement modalities are assets
- Experience developing and progressing individual client exercise programs. Must have good reasoning skills to support exercise choices.
- Current First Aid and CPR
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Teaching in-person reformer/apparatus classes and virtual Pilates mat classes
- Teaching private Pilates classes, (in-person and virtual)
- Evaluating movement, and developing and teaching appropriate personalized Pilates programs
- Communication and planning with clients about progress and program pathways
- Use of Mindbody Online software
- Regular communication with other team members regarding client programs and progress
- Some early morning, evening and/or weekend work
Benefits of Working with Us
Successful candidates will enjoy:
- Competitive wages and commissions
- Growth potential and mentoring in your role as a teacher/coach/presenter; including partnerships with staff & collaborative partners in creating innovative new programs, and opportunities to continue personal studies in a way that stimulates creativity, community service and professional development.
- A well-equipped Pilates studio with a stunning mountain view, steps from the beach, near North Vancouver's Kings' Mills Walk.
- Being part of an experienced and growth-oriented team
- A responsive and accountable management team
Clients and staff are masked, with a comprehensive safety plan in place for the studio. Classes by appointment only. No drop-ins allowed. Clients complete a Covid19 Health Check Questionnaire within 24 hrs of each class/appointment. Staff complete daily health questionnaire and temperature check.
Are You A Perfect Fit For Moving Spirit Pilates?
We're excited to meet you! Please send us an email at [email protected] with your resume, contact information and a short note describing what makes you the perfect fit for this position. Serious and qualified inquires only please. Successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.