Safe. Reasonable. Responsible.
We have arranged the reformers and other equipment in the studio to ensure physical distancing of a minimum of 2 m (6 ft).
Each reformer is equipped with a personal accessories station, including everything each client will need for class.
All soft accessories have been removed from the studio, including yoga straps and plush balls.
We will be implementing the following steps to ensure physical distancing and fluid movement flow into and out of the studio.
- Please arrive at promptly at class time. No early entry permitted. If you arrive ahead, please wait in your car or outside the building until class time. Please come to class on your own, leaving family and friends at home.
- We encourage you to use the stairs whenever possible to access the second floor. If you must use the elevator, please note that distance regulations mean only one person can use it at a time.
- Your instructor will admit each person into the studio, one-by-one.
- Upon entry to the studio, you will be asked to deposit your personal belongings in the cubby by the door, where they will remain until you are prepared to exit. Please bring only essential items into the studio.
- You will sanitize (or wash) your hands carefully before putting on a pair of nitrile gloves (powder & latex free), supplied by Moving Spirit. Please wear a mask if you can. If you haven't got one of your own, we will provide a non-medical paper mask for your use.
- Your instructor will then direct you to your assigned reformer, where your personalized program will be waiting for you.
- Please remain at your reformer for the duration of class, unless directed otherwise by your instructor.
- After class, your instructor will direct each client to begin to exit, first properly removing and disposing of gloves and mask. Please sanitize your hands again before gathering your belongings and promptly exiting the space.
- All future classes and appointments should be booked online.
- We will happily respond to questions about your reservations and accounts by phone or email. Please save those conversations for outside of class time.
Preventing the Spread of COVID-19
If You Are Sick, Stay Home!
If you have a fever, a new cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing or have been exposed to someone with the COVID-19 virus in the last 14 days, please contact us to cancel your class/appointment, and contact your physician. We will waive late cancellation fees in cases of illness. In the event that staff comes down with symptoms that may put people at risk, we will substitute your teacher, cancel or reschedule sessions as required.
Frequent Handwashing is Key
All clients will be asked to wash your hands in the washroom before entering the studio or to use the hand sanitizer provided just inside the studio front door. Instructors will be sanitizing their hands every time they put on, or take off gloves. In between classes, they will wash hands with soap and water, using proper handwashing protocols (which are posted in the bathrooms).
Maintain Physical Distancing
We will maintain physical distance of 2m (6ft) before, during and after classes.
Instructors will rely on verbal cueing and imagery, rather than hands on techniques, to support your movement exploration.
Each reformer class is comprised of a maximum of 4 people and 1 instructor.
Our reformer classes are membership based, by appointment only.
Our staff members work exclusively at Moving Spirit. None of our instructors is teaching at any other facility.
We have only one instructor on the floor at a time. The studio is cleaned comprehensively between staff shifts.
In the event that any of our instructors experience symptoms, they have been directed to stay home from work and self-isolate for 14 days; following the latest guidelines from the province and Vancouver Coastal Health.
Our Cleaning Protocols
We take the safety and cleanliness of our studio very seriously. As such, we have sourced a Health Canada approved, Canadian-made Ecologo disinfectant solution called "Nature's Own Pure Disinfectant" by Ostrem Ltd., to replace our traditional tea-tree oil and water solution. We have adjusted our class schedule to allow 30 minutes to give the studio a comprehensive cleaning between each client/class.
Here's how we'll do it:
Between each class/client
1. All Pilates apparatus, accessories and equipment will be wiped down with disinfectant solution.
2. All hard surfaces including cubbies, door handles, light switches, desks and countertops will be wiped down with disinfectant solution.
3. All soft accessories have been removed from the studio. If you feel these items are necessary for your best class experience, please use your own at home. Please do not bring your favourite home accessories to the studio.
4. We will continue to provide pillows as necessary, with paper covering - and with client masked.
At the end each shift
1. The computer, keyboard and mouse, telephone, tablet and other electronic devices as well as desktops and any items touched will be wiped down with Lysol wipes.
At the end of each day
1. The studio will get a final clean as above.
2. The floor will be swept and then washed with Nature's Own Pure Disinfectant solution.